About Powertek Utilities
Working Nationwide, Powertek is one of the UK’s fastest-growing and innovative utility providers with the experience of having worked on Scottish Power Energy Networks (SPEN), Scottish and Southern Electricity (SSE), Northern Power Grid (NPG), Electricity North West (ENWL), Western Power Distribution (WPD) and UK Power Networks (UKPN).
The Powertek group of companies are triple Lloyds accreditated (NERS, WIRS, GIRS), Achilles registered and verified, and are also an NICEIC approved contractor. We hold certification for IS0 9001, 14001, ISO 45001 OHSMS and are licensed by Government Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) meaning we are able to administer the governments OLEV grant schemes for Electric Vehicles and Electric Vehicles Charging.
We can provide expertise in all aspects of power and electrical infrastructure and civil engineering including: LV & HV Cable Jointing (11kV and 33kV), Renewables, Electric Vehicle Charger Installation, Substation Decommissioning & Renewal, Electrician Services, Civil Engineering, Cable Pulling & Laying, Excavation & Reinstatement, Road Construction, Ducting & Proving Works, Enabling Works, Remediation and Civils Project Management.
Powertek Utilities Ltd. is also a living wage employer.
Our services include:
- Application management and legal consents
- Adopted and private network design solutions, as well as extensions of contestable reinforcement on the existing network
- Site preparation, together with the cable and pipe routes between the development and the point of connection
- Gas, water and electric network tie in connection/point of connections installation
- Construction of the network extension and any contestable reinforcement and diversions required
- Electrical substation installation, testing, commissioning and connection
- Gas governor installation, testing, commissioning and connection
- Testing, commissioning and recording of work done including as-built drawings for the installed cables and pipes
- Excavation, backfill and reinstatement of trenches including arranging Section 50 notices and traffic management for our works
- The provision for the installation of metering equipment
- Full turnkey solution for the design, installation and commissioning of electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure
- Telecommunications ducting and chambers.